JJAB works to reduce youth risk behaviors, facilitate positive youth development and build resiliency through responsive, effective programming.
JJAB Board Members:
- Nicole Ferry, Faith Representative (Chair)
- Carter Payne, Los Alamos High School, (Vice Chair)
- Sharon Hurley, UNM-LA (Treasurer)
- Judge T. Glenn Ellington, First Judicial District Court Judge
- Judge Elizabeth Allen, Los Alamos Municipal Judge
- Jill Gonzales, Los Alamos Middle School
- Morrie Pongratz, Senior Citizen Representative
- Alicia Justus, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Chris Ross, Los Alamos County Police Department
- Naomi Larkin, Juvenile Probation Officer
- Caron Inglis, Los Alamos Public Schools Heathy Schools
- Martin Hook, Business Representative
- Camille Sackett-Wescott, Community Representative
- Larissa Breen, Community Representative
- Youth Liaisons – Four from LAMS and LAHS
- Sara Scott, Los Alamos County Council
- Unassigned, Los Alamos Public Schools Board of Education
- Los Alamos County Social Services Manager
The Juvenile Justice Advisory Board (JJAB) was formed in 2004. Since that time we have grown past our original mission of only working with youth from the juvenile justice system to offering many more prevention-orientated services that are open to all youth and their families. For this reason we are now known by the shortened name JJAB.
We value, celebrate, and appreciate all the youth of our community, and help each develop resiliency, create meaningful connections, and build capacities to thrive.
We effectively facilitate the application of resources through innovative direct services and collaborative networks, to engage and support the youth and families of Los Alamos.